Wine Importer Contracts Package
If you’re a UK wine importer we can help you to negotiate and draft contracts that will protect your interests and maximise your returns from importing into the UK – whether it’s an agency, distribution, bulk bottling or direct supply agreement that you need, or a combination of these. Our Contracts Package is an affordable, accessible offering that will help you to put a satisfactory contract in place with every producer you represent. Click here for further information and to download an Information Pack.
We can help you to review your existing contracts, assess risks and exposures, and identify opportunities to improve your position – we publish a Knowledge Bank Guide to Reviewing existing contracts.
“What we have ended up with is a robust, updateable, comprehensive set of terms. We feel confident that this puts us in a much stronger position than previously and that we have addressed any weaknesses which could have potentially left us exposed.”
Read full case study
Examples of recent work
- Contract templates – Drafting English-language agency/distribution contract templates for importers to use with each new producer they take on. Over time, this enables the importer to build up essential contractual protections in a consistent way.
- Contract negotiation – Advising importers on draft agency or distribution agreements put forward by wine producers, and drafted amendments in response.
- Rights in the absence of a written contract – Advising an importer who tried to agree a written contract with a producer, but without success. They are doing business with producer nevertheless. Advising on what the importer’s position is should the producer decide to pull the plug, what protections and other improvements might be achievable contractually, and how the importer might go about negotiating them.
- Groceries Supply Code – Advising importers who supply wine to the major UK retailers on the terms of supply agreements, and on training, systems and procedures under the Groceries Supply Code of Practice (GSCOP).
- Trade Conditions of Sale – Retention of Title – We have advised on and drafted Conditions of Sale for numerous importers who re-sell wine to UK trade customers, with particular attention to retention of title (ROT) clauses.
- Conditions of Sale for Distance Selling to Consumers – Advising on and drafting Conditions of Sale for selling wine to private customers by mail order and other distance methods, including en primeur sales. Drafting website terms of sale and other documents and procedures necessary for compliance with e-commerce and other relevant regulations. See Armit Wines Case Study.
Other services for Wine Importers