We are highly experienced in assisting producers on a range of wine brand projects, including:
- “brand-sharing” and joint venture agreements between producers and importers for the supply of wine under newly-created brands;
- licensing trade marks, bottle and label designs, and other intellectual property rights for the production or distribution of branded products;
- supply agreements between producers and UK retailers for “exclusive label” or “buyers own” brands.
Examples of recent work
- Outsourcing production for producers brands – We advised on and drafted a template contract for a producer wanting to outsource production and bottling of wine to other producers, in different regions of production, for sale under brands owned by the producer.
- Brand sharing – We advised on the weaknesses in documentation that a producer and its UK distributor had put in place in order to share trade mark rights in respect of certain brands. We suggested alternative approaches and drafted a more appropriate agreement.
- Buyer’s own brand – We advised a producer on an agreement under which it would provide wine on a “supply only” basis for a UK brand-owner.
Other services for Wine Producers